Monday, November 28, 2016

CUSTOM TRANSFORMERS: WARLORD ULTRA MAGNUS, BEFORE AND AFTER PICS!

Another one of my fav custom toys. I had to utilize two "Transformers Prime Ultra Magnus Voyager Class" toys to build this one... and you can see them in that pic shown on the right.

Both of those Ultra Magnus toys were light-blue / powder-blue, so I had to mix and match their limbs for the kitbash. And I chose the best-looking head, while I repainted him ultramarine-blue. I added the extra left-and-right shoulder missiles from a Gundam weapons kit, while the classic missiles that point upwards were repainted. And stationed upon his back is the large blaster cannon from "Transformers Titans Return Hardhead". The las-rifle affixed on his back horizontally was also taken from that same toy. And those two weapons were painted black and silver, to change them from their original green and smokey light-gray colors. There was a central hole presented in the back of the Voyager Magnus with the crazy legs, the one shown on the right. But I had to drill a second lower hole in his back for the las-rifle, which is shown in one of the pics below with none of the back-weapons attached.

Sigh - speaking of Mr. Crazy Legs shown on the right above, that tough sonvabitch has some of the worst legs and thighs that I've Ever seen... I took him apart and studied it... and I really think he was fabricated with two left thighs, or two right hips above his thighs... his damn legs are just... crazy.... just look at him... he's bow-legged damn it!!! LOL And his freakin' thighs are waaaay too small, while his knees are too high and his boots / lower legs are too long. And his hefty warhammer mechtech thingy sucks!! So I broke it!! [while trying to take it apart to fix it].

And now my rant is over :)

For the rest of the custom toy's coloring, I used blue sharpie marker pens and acrylic paint; and I added lots of white paint, silver and also a few silver stickers to him... but you probably can't tell by looking at it. The sniper laser cannon amended to his outer right forearm was taken from an old TF G1 toy and I customized it, adding the larger scope barrel and thus making it longer - which gives the weapon a slight Megatron vibe. He is holding that weapon, in the last pic of the second row below.

And attached to his left forearm is... The Legendary CLAW of Justice!!! LOL

Those familiar with the Transformers Prime Animated series will recall that Ultra Magnus was presented as a no-nonsense lieutenant of Optimus Prime, and at one point, his right hand was broken during one of the Season 3 battles against the Predacons... and it was replaced with a damn ugly claw.
I never liked that damn claw. But the TF Movie Decepticon Crankcase Claw-gun that I added looks pretty damn cool.

Honestly in the TF Prime animated series, there should have been spare parts stored inside the spaceship of Wheeljack or even within Ultra Magnus' dropship, in order for a new hand, like a badass power-glove, to be created for Magnus by the Autobot medic Ratchet.... come to think of it, I never liked Ratchet, because he was presented as a grumpy old pessimistic fart, who was too traditional for his own good in the animated series ;)

Additionally, I gave my custom toy Warlord Magnus some new shoes... heftier feet created with painted putty, which can carry more weight and help to balance him more readily. And I like the final comparison pic, which shows Warlord Ultra Magnus and Mega Optimus Prime, side by side.  Their weapons are interchangeable, and they utilize the 5mm pegs that a lot of the TF toys currently use as a standard.


 

 
 

 
 

Check out the former article that shows the pics of Mega Optimus Prime over HERE!


.

.

WEBLINK TO THE NEW $0.99 EBOOK, TITLED "DSNG TALES: UNUSUAL SUSPECT" [Click the Banner below!]